Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catvbs or catscript macro to check Hatching in existing view 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallikarjun010

Aerospace
Feb 5, 2014
SG
Hi,

is there any catvbs or catscript macro created to check the hatching existance in existing views in Drafting. Ex: I have 15-20 views in the assembly drawing, I have to check manually assembly hatching is created or not in all the views. So if any macros created to check the assembly hatching for all the views please share it to me.

Thanks,
Mallikarjun

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,
I know litle programming for NX and I have created some journals for my requirement. Dont have catscript references to create macros.
Here my requiremrnt is to identify the missing hatching for all section views.
Advanced - Workbench Drafting - Generative shape... can select the Hatching from all the section views but I want to check in which section view hatching is missing.

Thanks,
Mallikarjun

For CATIA programming you can find v5automation.chm in CATIA folder installation or CATIA Portable Script Center on web. But...can you imagine a scenario how should work a macro like you wish ?

Start with this then see how complicated can be (don't forget to take in consideration different cases, mistakes done by designers, or misinterpretation, or elements added manually and not generated by CATIA) and so on...

Regards
Fernando

Fernando,

Thanks for the source. It helps to develop scripts.
I can able to find sample scripts in v5automation.chm in CATIA folder installation but I am unable to view scripts from CATIA Portable Script Center on web. Please help in this regard.

Thanks again,
Mallikarjun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back