Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CBL Crash problem solved 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianwood40

Industrial
Apr 13, 2012
AU
thread380-320085

Hello & A big thank you to laserninja [thumbsup2]

Back in April I posted the above thread a problem with the "Constant Beam Length Unit" on an Amada 4020.

I passed on Laserninja‘s suggestion of checking the belt tension to management and the technicians who said no, it had been checked and was within limits & that we are going to replace all the cables again.

We replaced the cables and tracks over three days but did not result in any improvement in the problem. So I again suggested that we check the belt tension but the consensus was that they were looking at changing some of the boards instead.

Then a week ago a young technician came in looked at the belt and even though the tension was still within limits seemed to whip a little back and forth as the CBL went from one end to another.

The belt was tightened 5mm, this did not seem to make any difference to the tension reading and it still seemed to whip around but since then we have not had one CBL crash. A new belt has been ordered and hopefully the 12 month old problem has been fixed.

I hope this may be of help if someone else has the same problem.

And thanks again Laserninja.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That is fantastic.

Man, I hope it works out for you. I cannot believe they replaced the cables. Maybe we are on the right track!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back