Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CBUSH-1D

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikefer

Structural
Jul 31, 2012
CH
Hello everybody,

does anyone knows how to model a CBUSH-1D in Femap (10.3.1)?
I find easily the card for the CBUSH property, but nowhere information about the mono-dimensional one.

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Spikefer,
• The CBUSH element in NX NASTRAN is a generalized spring and damper. In SOL 106 and 129, you can specify 6 nonlinear force-deflection curves. The CBUSH element is geometric linear only.
• The CBUSH1D element in NX NASTRAN is a rod-type spring and damper, it is a 1D version of the CBUSH element. The CBUSH1D element can be geometric and material nonlinear. General nonlinear functions of the axial forces versus axial displacement are defined with the PBUSH1D entry.

NX NASTRAN CBUSH1D element does support Force-Displacement input when string "SPRING" is indicated as the option in PBUSH1D element. So in FEMAP v10.3.1B you can create your model, use "PREVIEW" option under "ANALYSIS", and manually add CBUSH1D/PBUSH1D and TABLED1 for your analysis.

In fact, I should like to see in FEMAP explicitely as well support for BOTH CBUSH & CBUSH1D NX NASTRAN elements, I suggest to file an ER at SIEMENS GTAC, this is the BEST way to make sure that SIEMENS hear what the users request to enhance FEMAP new versions.

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

presumably you can give the element zero stiffness in the directions you want to release.

there used to be a "dof spring", i think it modelled the NASTRAN CELAS spring element, that has stiffness in only one direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back