Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCCW Chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdieGenerate

Electrical
Aug 25, 2009
GB
Anybody any idea as to the limits of conductivity of closed circuit cooling water system used in a hydrogen filled generator (Dry stator)with 4 cccw filled hydrogen coolers. That is if there even is one? The Generator is around 220 Mws, and the conductivity was previously run at around 35 microsiemens/cm but due to a new hydrazine free regime the conductivity is 370 microsiemens and climbing.....!
Apologies if this is the wrong forum but if it is, can anybody point me to where I should be ?

Thanks

AD

No estimate is more in danger of erroneous calculation, than those by which a man computes the force of his own intellect........S johnson

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would have recommended "Mechanical Engineering - other" or "Power Generating Facility Engineering" forums. This is something that ME's have to deal with although there are usually chemists on staff to monitor and control the process.

rmw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back