Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCP Links and KIN simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvedere64

Automotive
Nov 8, 2002
US

I am using kinematic sensors to collect data for ratio calculations. The data are lever lengths. The lengths change as the mechanism is stroked. The stroke is broken down in to 18 discreet steps. The sensors are recorded at each step. The record is stored as an .xls. Iterations are performed after changing the pivot locations. Results are compared to check changes in output stroke and forces applied.

Question #1
How do I store the kinematic information so that it can be updated? I want to make changes and run the simulation again. The kinematic simulation deactivates the links between the BRKT and the references used in the other CATParts. An Assembly Design update after deactivation is impossible. Upon simulation, the warning:

“Contextual parts have been detected. Therefore, ‘Update all external references’ Part Infrastructure option has been deactivated. The option will be activated again as soon as you close the current document.”

Question #2
How do I get my formula calculations for each step as an output? I can create a formula that contains all ratio calculations. It calculates a vale for each step, but the design table only records the current step. All 18 steps are required.

/k.c.takacs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back