Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CE Certifying Existing Pressure Tank 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidaman

Mechanical
Jul 28, 2002
US
My company manufactures two small (1L and 5L) cast aluminum tanks that we are looking to sell in Europe. One tank is SEP while the other is a Category 1.

First, is there anybody out there that can hand-hold us through the process of certifying these tanks? (I know the SEP tank cannot bear the CE mark). To prepare a technical file for the Cat.1 tank, what calculations and testing must I perform? Basically, if possible, I want to give my two tank designs to an outside firm and have them provide me with the appropriate calculations and test data to sell these tanks in Europe.

Second, supposing we do eventually start selling the tanks in Europe, am I required to maintain a current copy of EN13445 in-house?

Thanks,

-Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Mike, I will be happy to introduce you to someone with signature rights for Pressure Vessels for the EU, Please contact me as I cannot leave his information on this site. Christopher Caserta
ccaserta@us.tuv.com
Ph:904-225-0360

You can do it yourself. You had to build a technical file and join it to the product. The importer is the responsble of the tank. He had to keep the file for 10 years. This is valid if you apply module A.
If yo apply higher module. You don't need to send the technical file if the module concern the QA.
Note that ASME is applicable. You had only to take into account some PED rqt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back