Cell Splitting in Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowgenTwik

Electrical
Jul 8, 2016
LK
Hey Guys,
I still dont understand deeply about cell splitting in antennas. Does anyone have any sources that i could refer regarding this topic or explain me in detail ?
Thanks in Advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Perhaps a specific, detailed question would help? Otherwise, we're wasting our time trying to figure out what you can't understand.

Dan - Owner
URL]

@MacGyverS2000 ... my detailed question would be, when the coverage of a cell reaches about 35 km's then wont there be more interference to other cells having the same carrier frequency or scrambling code ? And also won't the power be shared because it is occupying one physical antenna though they are cell splitted hence causing more attenuation ?

"It depends..."

From a 10,000' view (as in removing the cell tower component for a moment), the coding scheme being used will determine what type of interference to expect. For a basic example, look at multiple signals sent using the same base frequency... with a high enough auto-correlation, each signal can be easily pulled from the "noise". CDMA with a large-enough address book of Gold codes serves this purpose quite well.

The question then becomes, "What coding scheme are you using?". Of course, SNR matters heavily, too. And to your latter part, what's the antenna format? Is it a typical "cell" where multiple physical antennas are used, what form of beam-steering is involved, etc.?

Dan - Owner
URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back