Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

cement lined pipe spools 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKEY101DOH

Mechanical
May 12, 2008
GB
I'm looking for a UK based company that can cement line fabricated carbon steel pipespools - small quantity 4" class 150 pipe. anybody know of any ??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

?

- Steve Perry
This post is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is offered with the understanding that the author is not engaged in rendering engineering or other professional service. If you need help, get help, and PAY FOR IT.

Mikey,
It is possible that you reacted too quickly after you clicked on the link that Steve provided. You need to let it play out. You will then see what you need.

prognosis: Lead or Lag

with respect Steve i've been down the obvious route of doing a simple web search !!
the problem i think is that i'm looking for small quantities and small bore - non of the UK listed companies are interested - they only do either large quantities or don't do fabricated spools.
Whats the comment - if you need help get help and pay for it all about ??

Mikey,
The disclaimer about not providing engineering services appears on all my posts. It was not for you, it's a CYA disclaimer for me primarily. The end of it does apply here... the value of my response was equivalent to the price you paid.

You might have better luck if you engage a middle-man supply company. If your pipe spools are part of a larger order, it might be enough to make it worth the distributor's time. Similarly, these manufacturers who have high minimum orders might be more inclined to do a supply company a favor as a result of a past or future relationship.

- Steve Perry
This post is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is offered with the understanding that the author is not engaged in rendering engineering or other professional service. If you need help, get help, and PAY FOR IT.

If my fading memory serves me correctly, in the days of BP Forties installation, a firm called Johnson-Stubbs in Little Sutton near Ellesmere Port did the mortar lining of firewater spools.

They may still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back