Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

centerline issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthant

Mechanical
Jun 28, 2007
CA
hi

I have a dft drawing with a lot of tubes created in x route
and I want to see only the centerline of tubes is that possible ? maybe with query I tried something but with no success. Anyone some idea ?

A good day everyone
[pipe]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right click on the view, select properties and then scroll through the tabs. I think there's a setting which controls this but I can't remember the details.

I'm sure Don, Beach or one of the others will come up with a full answer in time.

KENAT,

Have you reminded yourself of faq731-376 recently, or taken a look at posting policies: What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

Hi,

you can set the tube's centerlines to show in a draft but
to show them without the tube itself is possible but you
have to manually hide each of the tube's 'outlines' which
is cumbersome and -- can't be recommended.

dy

Oh, I miss read the question.

I'm guessing if you make a model configuration that doesn't show the tubes, you can't then show the centerlines but I've never tried it.

KENAT,

Have you reminded yourself of faq731-376 recently, or taken a look at posting policies: What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

On the Display tab of the draft view properties there are 4 icons just under the tabs.
The second icon from left is the "Drawing View Display Defaults" and on here you have the option to show tube centre lines.
The option to show tube centre lines at drawing view creation time is also on the drawing view creation wizard dialog box.
Now the clever bit - in the parts list (pathfinder) on the draing view properties you will see a little box with a cross next to each tube part. Click this to expand the tree and you will then see the Solid Body and Centreline listed.
Click Solid Body and then over to the right uncheck the Show checkbox.
Do this for all the tubes and then update the view.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Good trick.

wonder why this is only possible with XpressRoute
and not with PathXpress even when making tubes.
For I've not installed XpressRoute so I didn't think
that this was possible.

dy

BC,

PathExpres is part of Frame design. It can be used to define
pathes between two points (more ones are possible). These pathes
can then be used to create a pipe or wire. It's very basic and
as already mentioned the pathes can't be shown in a draft

dy

Don,
Maybe it's something to do with XpressRoute creating part files for each tube, whereas Frames doesn't.

kthant - I'm looking forward to that beer already [thumbsup]

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

There is a fast way to select all the centerlines with the search command at the bottom of the properties/display window. I think you create a query based on component is Centerlines and then you can click the 'show' button once they ar all selected.

BC,

yes, that seems to be the case. SE will however, generate
the parts created by Frame: you have to save the Frame by
doing an RMB on the frame item (the one that holds the individual
parts) within the EdgeBar and choose SaveAs. Downside: the
saved Frame.asm is no longer associative with the container
(top level) asm

dy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back