Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CERBIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

spee

Mechanical
Aug 7, 2002
US
I was looking to get some information and also find places to order Cerbide a substitute for carbide. Does anyone know where I can get this stuff from???

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yea I found that website, but they seem to be the only ones who know about it. I was looking to find some more info.

Thanks

We can help you.

Cerbide is a "binderless" carbide. It is from one of two sources licensed under the original patent. We represent the other licensee.

It is an extremely high wear material with great success in nozzles and similar. We are developing applications in other areas.

We have several new materials such as ‘binderless’ carbide, cermets and reinforced tungsten carbide.

If you contact me directly at president@carbideprocessors.com or 800 346-8274 I will be happy to help you.

It is Thursday morning and I will be on the road for two days but back in the office Monday.

Tom Walz

Hi Guys - perhaps I can help too.

I'm with Cerbide (the company) that earlier this year introduced Cerbide (the product) onto the market. Everything Tom has written is correct, 6 years ago 2 companies licensed the same patent(s). However, Cerbide has been in R&D mode until 2004, completely reinventing the manufacturing process to allow much greater formability (and pricing) than the original process.

Because we can produce virtually any shape available in ceramics or tungsten carbide, we have been invited into more than a dozen industries - worldwide. You'll start to see various sales channels and manufacturers introduce Cerbide product in the coming months. We've passed most of their tests, but have to ensure we have capacity to deliver to you on time.

If you're frustrated with us now, imagine if you were promised delivery and we couldn't...

I truly appreciate the strong interest and assure you we'll be ramping up as fast as we can.

Ken Siddall

Jim,

Yes it's conductive, not quite as good as tungsten carbide - 6% cobalt, yet still easily EDM'd or used for ground paths / current flow, etc. Also, somewhat unique it's non-magnetic.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back