Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certain catparts and catproducst not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleske

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2006
US
Hey all!

Here's the situation. When I load up a product file certain catparts and catproduct files in the file won't load up. I get the usual error telling me to use desk to find and fix the missing files, which I use, but when I go into desk the files are black not red. I don't have the option to find the files, but do have the option to load them, which I do. Desk shows it loading, the files are all nice and white, but when I get out of desk and back to the design, they're still not there and the tree shows that they are not loaded. (I'm guessing that's what the look of the tree icons mean. You can not get into the file from the tree to manipulate any of it's data.)
Now, when I replace the component/file with itself, (BTW the files are in the folder with all the rest of the files needed for this job), it replaces fine and they come in where they are suppose to.
Any ideas why these files are acting this way? These designs were by another company so I don't know what was done or why the files are doing this.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is good also to check the Search Order....maybe first in the list is a path to a previous version of those files...

Regards
Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back