Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFdesign vs NEi Fluid Flow products

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxc

Mechanical
Nov 6, 2002
US
I am in the process of reviewing CFD products and CFdesign and NEi Fluid Flow solver w/ Thermal solver are the products. Does anyone have experience with either or both? I would like to hear pro/con viewpoints of each nothing elaborate, what has the product not been able to solve. Are there any unexpected negatives? Unexpected positives?

The problems I will be solving are basic heat-exchanger flow calculations, parallel-flow with and without fluid mixing. The mixing is not the mixing of 2 fluids, just mixing in the cooling chambers.

Thanks,

John C.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've used CFDesign for several years and found it to be fairly good. One downside from my point of view is the mesher, which has had problems meshing some of my geometry and then required a lot of work to clean up.

Unfortunately I haven't used NEi Fluid Flow so I can't comment, I would try and get a trial of both if possible.

If you want to see how your model looks run in CFDesign then let me know and I can maybe do some simulation runs for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back