CFRP tendons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadofchilli

Civil/Environmental
Oct 10, 2016
AU
thread589-391512
Hi everyone, I am looking for CFRP tendons for my research.
If anyone knows where to buy this type of materials, please let me know.

I did contact with AslanFRP as suggested by Ingenuity. Unfortunately, they did not supplied FRP tendons anymore.
I was also searching on DFI website but no CFRP tendons were found.

@Hemi79: Had you bought CFRP tendons then? if so, please help me on this.

Thank you all,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

dadofchilli,

You may have to go to a supplier who has contact with Japan:

Leadline rods/tendons: by Mitsubishi Chemical Company
Carbon Fiber Composite Cable (CFCC) rope: by Tokyo Rope Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Nippon Steel Advanced Carbon Fiber Composite (NACC) strand cables: by Suzuki Metal Industry Co., Ltd. and Nippon Steel Corp.

You can also check out CFRP laminates that have been used in EXTERNAL post-tensioning applications - with big cumbersome end anchorages made of steel. SIKA and S&P in Europe use such systems for strengthening concrete structures.

dadofchilli,

dadofchilli said:
I did contact with AslanFRP as suggested by Ingenuity. Unfortunately, they did not supplied FRP tendons anymore.

I was speaking with HUGHES BROS recently (this week), and they do still manufacture #3 and #4 CFRP bar tendons and are readily available, but maximum of 40 ft lengths. They no longer sell in 250' coils due to safety reasons of unpackaging.

Capture_vjzkfr.png

Contact doug@hughesbros.com and he may be able to hook you up with an order or supplier/distributor in your area.

Hi Ingenuity,

Thank you very much for your time and suggestions. I was too busy and totally forgot to check the replies from the forum.

Up to date, I did contact with around 10 companies and have no good outcomes yet.
Doug Gremel from Aslan told me that limited commercial success is the main reason that stops them from continue supplying this CFRP tendon. Problems with shipping materials to Australia is another cause.

I got the reply from Tokyo Rope that they can provide us with the tendons, however, still waitting for their reply for the quotation.

I did a search on their websites (Mitsubishi Chemical Company, and Suzuki Metal Industry Co., Ltd.) but no FRP tendons found. I will contact to them, hope to find something.

Thank you again Ingenuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back