Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CGR ration and reservoir fluid composition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zamakaze

Chemical
Sep 3, 2020
CA
i have two sample from bottom hole which provide flashed liq and flash gas and reservoir fluid composition. Now the sample is flashed from reservoir conditions to std conditions to get these composition. I have CGR ration as 28.88 stb/mmscf and the gas flow reqd is 60 mmscfd. How i get the composition for the fluid at plant battery limit from hysys?

do i take reservoir fluid and flash it from reservoir condition to std. conditions to get gas and liq and then recombine 60 mmscfd and 28.8 x 60 = 1728 bpd of liq? do i water saturate the gas before recombining?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes. You should replicate in the simulator exactly as the procedure used in the lab.
Yes, the gas should be saturated before recombination to obtain the simulator reservoir fluid. But you have have to add even more water, since usually there is a WGR also.

I don't understand your question?

Is this for input INTO HYSYS or what?

You should input the actual composition, including water.

The CGR just gives you an idea about what you're going to get once you've separated it all out at atmospheric conditions.

The input into the separate plant is going to be something completely different. The "liquid" quantitiy you get after processing can be very different to the liquid which exists as it enters the plant.

Now the software might accept that and then do the recombining itself, but it's usually much better to just give the software the fluid composition that exists bottom hole or top hole and let it work out what's happening.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back