Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CH4 Steam Reforming Poisoning

Status
Not open for further replies.

shvet2008

Petroleum
Aug 14, 2015
US
Hi, forum

I'm in charge of basic design of water treatment for a refinery. Does anybody have information about steam reforming catalyst poisons? As I've found there are several poisons:
- clorine
- arsenium
- vanadium
- phosphates (only phosphates, may be all P-containing?)
What is max allowable poison rates? Any links, articles or manuals would be worth.

And else can anybody share links about reforming catalyst sintering promoters? Is it Ar and/or V or may be any other chemicals?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Detailed information on HP steam quality for nat gas reformer should be available in the Ni reformer catalyst manufacturer's operating manual. Steam supply quality specs may differ somewhat amongst the various manufacturers, and may also differ depending on the temperature / pressure range in the reformer. Sample analysers for BFW treatment are delicate and are usually a pain to look after.

Thanks, georgeverghese

Actually I have no manufacturer/licensor jet and I have to specify demi-weater quality for future hydrogen production unit (HPU) and future boilers. Actually I have a lot of information for BFW quality but I have to find out what are undesirable contaminants rate in demiwater is fed both to boilers and HPU.

One option would be to talk to these catalyst manufacturers; Haldor Topsoe and the like. Perhaps your company has a tieup / JV with one of these manufacturers for the design and fabrication of these HPUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back