Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Change an NX expression in Teamcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1423

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2005
US
It there any way to change an expression in NX via Teamcenter, without directly opening the NX part?
I don't think there is a way, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask, and it would save me much time if it was possible.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX11

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Jerry,
Not possible from Teamcenter directly. It should be possible however to do this with coding.
There are some actions possible in NX without opening the UI. Unfortunately my knowledge on Coding in NX is very limited.
I suggest you ask this question in the NX forums.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

I think this might be possible.
You can map TC attributes to NX part attributes; expressions and attributes are closely related in recent versions of NX, an expression could reference the part attribute value to drive feature parameters.

You'll need write access on the objects affected, of course. If bad values are assigned, the next person to open the part may be met with a bunch of update errors.

I've not personally tried this experiment, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

www.nxjournaling.com

I will see if I can make it work. I am currently working contract at a place so I have limited access, but I can usually figure out how to get around that. Thanks.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX11

You would still need to open the part for that. Otherwise the update on the expression will not be done.
Therefor my solution to try this with coding. Then you can open the part in NX without the need to start the user interface.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back