Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change Size of Reference Balloons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrytubby

Mechanical
May 12, 2007
GB
We have an issue where the standard quantity balloon does not allow enough characters for the item number, so we have used a custom balloon.

The problem with this is that when we place a reference balloon, it defaults to the same size as the standard quantity balloon. Is there a way of forcing Pro/E to see a custom reference balloon too?

I have found where the standard quantity reference balloon sits on my pc "\symbols\reports...", which I have viewed through the symbol editor, but I'm reluctant to modify this as it will mess up other drawings that would not need the larger balloon. Also I'm not sure if Pro/E remembers the symbol in the drawing or refers to this directory every time, as it is not shown in the list of symbols to edit, unless you retrieve it. If its remembered in the drawing, I'll save a copy of the original and change it and replace it again once finished (as long as the directory is not protected that is)

Does anyone have another workaround, apart from non-parametric balloons?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pro/E stores symbols definitions in each drawing once they have been retrieved from disk.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back