Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CHANGING COLORS TAKES TO LONG-LEFT AND RIGHT TOOLBARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I've recently upgraded to 2010 sp 2.1 and have noticed how long it takes to change the color of anything. I click the color change button, and the regular color change menu comes up on the left, and the newer menu with decals, textures and fru fru comes up on the right. Both are eating up my time. Is there a way to get rid of the fru fru?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may not be able to customize them but you can turn them off 0 50 or 100% of the time.*
* (percentages not to scale)

Tools > Customize

On the Options menu there are settings for the Context menus

Show on selection controls the context bar from regular select
Show on Shortcut controls display when using Right Button or MB3

Fru-Fru Disabled
sw%20Customize%20-%20Toolbars%20Context%20disabled.PNG

Maybe they should have an enable Fru-Fru option.
In 2009 SolidWorks the colors menu would no longer show colors after applying them making the pushpin useless.

If you are talking about the Task Pane on the right then hide it when changing colors.

Michael

Mike I think you weere on the right track at the very end. I'm talking about the right of the screen. It's labled appearances/scenes. the fru fru is scenes, textures and the silver colored color ball on the b & w checkered background. on the left of the screen is the standard color changing witht the red blue green & yellow beach ball, and the color selections below. I really have no need for textures and scenes, I'm an engineer not a movie maker. shouldnt the movie makers be using Macs anyway, and last I knew sw doesnt support that system.

We use colors all the time here our assemblies are so big that we have to color each part to see what is going on. Color may not be important in your job but it here, so I am glad they have the fru fru stuff.

Recently I have been taking our assemblies and use the appearances to give it a more real look and rendering the assemblies for customer to see their machine product and what it might look like in a real environment.

If you don't need or use them, what is it hurting for the tab to be there?

You can't shut it off or remove it, but I don't see the harm in having it there... you just don't need to click on it.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back