Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing geometry - Abaqus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SofiaB

Civil/Environmental
Jul 9, 2020
PT
Hello everyone!

So I have a truss modeled in Abaqus. For that, I made all the parts individually (the superior chord, inferior chord, and diagonals) and then went to the Assembly and created an instance to organize the truss and finally merged everything together. Now I wanted to change the height(so a geometry change) of just one of the chord, and after regenerating that part I found out that this change didn't translate in the assembled truss. I will leave bellow an image of my model database( I identified the dependent and independent instances)

Thanks in advance for all the help much needed.

a_fbfswb.png

b_vnyrvi.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Isn't there any way that I can modify the geometry after merging? I'm tight on time for redoing the truss in the part section and is much easier to arrange the different parts in the assembly section.

Thank you in advance.

Once you merge the parts, you get a new part which is automatically instanced in assembly while other instances are suppresses. Changes to the original parts can’t affect merged instance.

Yes, that makes sense.
If I create a set in the part section for each of the different elements, do the sets transfer to the merged part, and can I then make geometric/ property changes?(taking into account that I would have to rearrange the elements again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back