Changing Hole feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupen

Mechanical
Aug 5, 2014
SI
Hello to everyone.

I have made a customization of hole feature standard (nx502_Threaded_Hole_Standard.xml) for metric threads - hole diameters, callouts and hole depths.
For easier CAM programming it would be nice that the thread depth would be defined as HoleDepth-2mm.
My question is: is it possible to make thread depth to be a function of Holedepth-2 because x1.5D, x2D, x2.5D,....full are not usefull for us. If it is possible to make this function based thread depth it would be nice that other options would not be available.
And I would also like to fix ''Depth to'' to be allways Cylinder Bottom.

Currently we are using NX12.

Thank you for your help in advance.

With best reagrds,
Luka

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello Luka,

You can edit the hole expressions so the depth parameter is set to thread depth + 2mm. The only catch is as you don't know the name of the parameter when you are on the hole feature window, so you have to first make the hole, and the go to expression table (Ctrl + E) to link threaded depth parameter and hole depth parameter.

You can this way drive the hole either by the thread depth value or by the hole depth value.

I hope this helps.

I am sorry for my late response.

Thank you Suncad & Jerry.
I am familiar with expressions parameters and editing those parameters.
The problem is that I would like to make this as a standard in new projects.
So if you make a new part and open hole feature, this parameter HoleDepth-2 would be there by default.

As you wrote @Suncad in expressions I can chang this only after I made the feature. In this case is easier to modify it manualy in feature dialog when you make this feature.

Thank you again
Luka

It's been a while since I used NX in anger, but might it be possible to use a UDF(User Defined Feature) and call your requirement up from a UDF library?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back