changing overtime and resource usage? help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrider

Computer
Mar 17, 2003
GB
hi everyone;

i have managed to complete my project using MS project 2002. there is one problem though..
after completing the whole project i found out that i must change the finishing date (make it finish earlier)by changing the tasks and resource usage and make use of overtime. the problem is everytime time i get some overtime hours to the resources i end up having the (project finish date later than required )can any body help me with this ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do your resources show up as overloaded by the amount of the overtime?

You should be able to tell if the hours are still loaded at 8 hrs/day;if they are, then the resource utilization is not set up correctly.

Generally, Project will take the oldest constraint as the freest, i.e., if you set the starting date, followed by the hours, followed by the resource utilization, the end date will change accordingly.

Note that Project still has a bug in that if you edit the resource allocation, it won't necessarily come up with the correct duration. You'll need to enter the correct resources and utilization from scratch to get the correct durations. TTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back