Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing property material

Status
Not open for further replies.

MirBG

Civil/Environmental
Oct 25, 2006
IT
I have a little problem.I need to change the permeability of my job material during the last step, but I don't know how to do. Can I use the model change options or is there another way?
Thanks for the advice.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i believe in the stress/fluid analysis, the permeability is a function of void ratio. so what happens is that as void ratio changes, perm. changes. Mrgold you sure that can be changed by field?

so yea, Mirbig, as mrgold suggested, check in the manual. but as i solved a similar problem before, my believe would be. only way to change permeability is by means of void ratio in stress/fluid analysis as both of them depend on each other in the equations. The other ugly solution would be to change the material, my means of removing the set, and add another set with same geometry and different properties. sounds like an easy solution but i tried it before and for me it wasn't very trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back