Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Changing the reflection bmp in Inventor 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt2

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2003
GB
Does anyone know how to change the reflection bmp. My students are fed up with looking at the Autodesk MDs car. Bitmap insertion for a variety of functions is fine but I cant find any information on changing this one.
Any information will help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry guys
I seem to have answered my own question! It appears that Inventor reflection is directed at the file named CAR3. By inserting a bitmap and renaming it CAR3(minding to rename the original as something else) you will then have your own reflection.
Remember to ensure the new image is either taken with a fisheye lens or of a reflection from a curved surface.
Maybe you guys knew this, but if it helps anyone great

Kurt

hey kurt, if carol bartz drives a mazda miata, i'll change my name to elvis!

the car3 bitmap was originally just a 'quickie' two of the guys took in the carpark at autodesk's michigan facility (i think), but turned out to be the best they could create! i've never found an image that's looked as good.

cheers,

col.

Thanks for that Col
Unfortunately we only get the 'rumour end' of information around here but I figure that you got the gist of my question. I agree that the image is good, but the whole point of this particular class is to customise the visualisation aspect of Inventor. Cant wait for Presenter 3D!!
Thanks
Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back