Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the system of units in "Relations" code

Status
Not open for further replies.

plvachon

Mechanical
Jun 16, 2005
CA
Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to switch from a system of units to another by programming in the "Relations" menu. I know I can write "If" commands and so on, but is there a system variable that specifies the system of units and that I could change in the Relations code?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can't switch from a system units to another thru relations. But you can define some variables and multiply/divide with it your part dimensions.

The setup units from ProE can't be used in your case?

-Hora

Hora,

Yes, I can use the Setup, but the reason for which I asked the question is that I would like to write a simple code in "Relations", from which my students could change the system of units by setting a variable to 0 or 1, for example. And then the part (a gear tooth) would be updated (either Imperial or Metric). I have a gear tooth in imperial units, and I wanted to turn it into parametric dimensions. But it is not absolutely necessary, it would have been cool! So, they will have to use the Setup menu.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back