Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking ANSYS MISO Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerohead56

Structural
Oct 2, 2003
US
I have created a model of a dent using Multi-linear Isotropic Hardening in ANSYS. The model is being loaded and unloaded in multiple time steps using an impactor with an enforced displacement. We are trying to check this model to determine if we have accurate results, and my DER has suggested trying to reconstruct the input stress/strain curve using the results. I can reconstruct the stress strain curve using SX vs EPTOX and SY vs EPTOY, but cannot get the correct curve using SEQV vs EPTOEQV. I have talked to ANSYS and they recommended using EPTOEQV_RST instead of EPTOEQV. This produces a curve that is exactly offset from the original stress/strain curve by a factor of 2 on the strains. Does anyone have a clue why this would be the case? I can replicate the equations that ANSYS has used to generate the equivalent stresses and strains, but am not seeing anything ovbious there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back