Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ChemCAD model for a pygas absorption scrub column

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirschaplin

Petroleum
Jul 10, 2021
SE
Hello,

Trying to setup our latest project in ChemCAD and part of the process is a pygas absorption scrub column, which is a new piece of equipment for me. Never worked with absorption type scrubbers before.

If I've understood correctly the scrub column is a typical scrubber with an internal demister but with the addition of a spray nozzle that is going to inject pygas as an absorption medium.

Something like this:
pygas-abs-scrubber_lzaovc.png

I would really appreciate if someone can provide a process description for an unit like this. What is the purpose of the pygas absorbent? What is happening when the pygas absorbent hits the pygas vapours? What is the chemistry/process behind this type of scrubber?

Secondly, is it possible to simulate the function of a pygas absorption scrub column in ChemCAD, any pointers in the right direction for how to do the setup with a reliable result? I am in contact with two potential vendors for this equipment but I need some basis for sizing and to validate the calculations and results they are going to provide us with. What I am really looking for is sizing of the vessel as well as an idea of the properties of the two outlet streams.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back