Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chemical Compatibility Reference Book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjaminM

Chemical
Dec 12, 2006
US
I'd like to get my hands on a decent reference book for chemical compatibility of various materials.

I have a copy of Pressure Vessel Handbook and also a pretty handy compatibility guide from Chesterton seals. In addition I am aware of Colepalmer.com has a decent compatibility database. Ultimately thought these all have holes in them for what ever the particular material is I am looking at and there are occasionally differences in the recommendations.

Is anyone aware of any better reference guides?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There will always be holes, regardless.

Compass Corrosion Guide II : A Guide to Chemical Resistance of Metals and Engineering Plastics by Kenneth M. Pruett (1983, Hardcover, Revised)

Chemical Resistance Guide for Elastomers III : A Guide to Chemical Resistance of Rubber and Elastomeric Compounds by Kenneth M. Pruett (2005, Hardcover)

Corrosion Data Survey - Metals Section, Sixth Edition (NACE)
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.nace.org/cstm/Store/Product.aspx?id=94880e21-b4e2-4a76-945c-7aa1a5c89a91[/url]

Vendors publish their own summaries, as you can see from the list in my chemical compatibility folder:
11l0oeo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back