Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CHILLER E04 ALARM!! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserSpyder

Materials
Jun 4, 2014
US
we have an Orion Chiller and a E04 Alarm came up and I cant clear it. I cleaned the water filter I blew the machine out and cleaned y strainer on laser but alarm is still there does anyone have any suggestions??? Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On some of the chillers, there is a sticker that gives a little more information about each of the alarms. On some chillers its on the lower panel just below the chiller disconnect. On others its on the inside of that panel with the disconnect on it.

Can you look around for the sticker or in the Orion chiller book and give us more information?
I know some of the chiller alarms but I do better with a description.

My E04 alarm indicated that the float switch for the water level is low and will cause an alarm.

Try checking your water level and making sure it's high enough. Also maybe check the float switch in the chiller reservoir. It may be stuck on something and might need a little wiggle.

LASER NINJA u are the MAN!!!!!!! u saved the day by telling me where the alarm list is!!looks like its some kind of fuse but at least now I can relay what the actual alarm is to service company!

Our E04 indicates either a fan is is not operating or condensers need to be cleaned. if its an RKL-15000 unit, the fans are very expensive.

"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, 'cause they are stuck on me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back