Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CIPP Timeframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

esass13

Civil/Environmental
Sep 14, 2004
US
What is a good time frame for completing CIPP work? How much can a CIPP contractor complete in a day's time? Does it depend on the services more than anything? My assumption is a contractor could reline 500 feet or so in a day including replacing about 10 services from cleanout to new connection to CIPP. We are replacing services and I'd rather make a clean new service tap than doing an internal robotic cutter and then connecting the new service to whatever roundish hole the robot cut. I'm thinking of using an Inserta-Tee so the hole needs to be round.

Any ideas? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In our neck of the woods, the CIPP contractor is not the service line replacement contractor. That said what about relining the services with CIPP. This can be done after the main is lined. Why redo the services? What part of the country is this in? There are many things that dictate the footage that can be completed in one work day. Among them are access to the lines, traffic considerations, business requirements, I.E restaurants, cleaners, schools, diameter of main, thickness of the liner, number of services.

Richard A. Cornelius, P.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back