Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

circularity / diameter tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cervantes

Mechanical
Aug 3, 2006
PL
hello one more time,

well, haven't found exact answer anywhere yet so I am asking:

1) if there is a hole, with diameter let's say 50 and tolerance M6 and no form and position tolerance (circularity) is given on the drawing (and default workshop circularity is let's say 0.1mm) so then I can not exceed tolerance diameter range anyway, isn't true? otherwise it does not have sense in my opinion

in other words: DO I NEED to specify circularity for drawing with diameter 50M6?...

2) If statement above is true and circularity is specified, but with higer range, then M6 tolerance has priority anyway?

thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You are right, unless the required circularity is better than the restriction given by M6. Therefore, if circularity tolerance is given, it should always be less than the dimensional tolerance.

For circularity to be a valid specification it needs to be a refinement of the size specification.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back