Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

civil engineering course and book list

Status
Not open for further replies.

NguyenNhat

Civil/Environmental
Apr 24, 2017
VN
Hello everyone. I just graduated last year, but in my country we dont speak english, now i want to shelf-study a english couse of civil engineering, but i dont have enough money to go to aboard. So, please share your course and book list that i can shelf study. Thank you very much, and sorry for my bad english.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nguyen Duy Nam:
Get yourself some Handbooks, they cover a broad range of topics and usually have some very good reference lists for further study and reading. You have to hone in a bit on what you are interested in because Civil Engineering covers a lot of narrower subjects and topics; Structures, Sanitary (Water and Waste Treatment), GeoTech, Highways, Bridges and Transportation, Hydrology, etc. etc. Depending upon your interests, any one of the chapters in one of these Handbooks could make a whole career if studied in more detail, and handbooks like these make great reference books whatever your final direction of study. Some examples....
1. Structural Engineering Handbook, by Gaylord and Gaylord, Pub. by McGraw-Hill
2. Standard Handbook for Civil Engineers, Ed. by Frederick Merritt, Pub. by McGraw-Hill
3. Handbook of Heavy Construction, Ed. by Frank W. Stubbs, Jr., Pub. by McGraw-Hill
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back