Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cladding details - help to source examples required 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve101

Structural
Sep 27, 2003
GB
i'm looking for examples of cladding and flashing finishes for where cladding , flashing and foundations meet. been searching for examples to confirm / back-up my solution and have started tearing a few hairs out. probably an architectural database or online forum or similar would be useful? i've tried maufacturers web sites but have limited sucess. it's just steel frame industrial building. could you suggest any weblinks / codes of practice ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What kind of cladding are you using? Is it sheet metal, EIFS, etc?
I think you're on the right track by using the manufacturer's information. If the manufacturer doesn't have adequate information, check their competition. Be very careful. These are the kind of details that can be the difference between a successful project or a litigated disaster.

STAINLESS STEEL CLADDING IS CURRENTLY USED ON A NEW BRIDGE IN NEW HAVEN,CONNECTICUT RIGHT ON ROUTE 1 TO EAST HAVEN. YOU MAY WANT TO CONTACT CT. DOT FOR THOSE SPECS OR THE FABRICATOR WHICH I WILL NOT MENTIONED UNLESS YOU ARE INTERESTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back