Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clamping bush and tapered bushing shaft compatibillity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikiss

Electrical
Apr 5, 2020
RS
I'm planning to buy nema 34 motor and it would be ideal if it can be attached with clamping bush. However the motor that is ideal for the project has shaft that is milled on two sides, perpendicular to one another. Picture of the documentation should be in attachment.
Now I'm wondering if secure connection can be made with clamping bush and that shaft. Classic picture of clamping bush should also be in attachment.
I know that clamping bushes are used for key-less and keyed connections with motor shafts, but they are not milled.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=22571094-94d1-4fb6-a86e-adf99f816827&file=clamping_bush.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

clamping_bush_qiz4zs.jpg

nema_34_motor_ghevcd.jpg

Okay, i found the way to upload them both here

And of course, motor shaft diameter is 14 mm and the bush inner diameter would be the same.

Ask the manufacturer if they have other shaft configuration options. Or find another manufacturer that offers the shaft you want. I hate flatted shafts. They are nothing but trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back