Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cleanroom Requirements 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongweiyew

Aerospace
Apr 15, 2005
CA
Hi

Does anyone knows the spec call out for Boeing Requirements on cleanroom? I've got ISO 14664-1 & -2 as a reference cleanliness but have got no reference for boeing requirements.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Boeing BAC 5703 "criteria for limited contamination areas". This establishes classes of minimum environmental requirements for cleanrooms.

{Derived from FED-STD-209 "clean room and work station requirements, controlled environment". Also reference T.O. 00-25-203 "contamination control of aerospace facilities, US airforce".}

Aditional Boeing is BSS7019 "cleanroom stationary, supplies and equipment".

Hi Fieldteam,

Thanks for your help. I need to know the boeing spec number for an aerospace composite layup cleanroom requirements. Can you help.

Thanks again.

FieldTeam gave it to you. BAC 5703.
The problem is, calling it a "clean room".
A standard aviation composites lay-up room is a "controlled contamination area".

To over simplify...Composites only call for controlled Cleanliness, humidity and temperature. This is quite easily attainable because the lay-up room needs to be separate from the repair areas. (Walled off)
Filtered A/C, Filtered Shop Air and Humidity Control.

Rerig

Boeing has flag notes on drawings that call out process specifications. Anyting more specific than what I provided should be on the drawings I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back