Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clear a model in session 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3obAero

Aerospace
Jan 23, 2009
US
I'm looking for help with the "Model in Session" senario- Catia V5 R21. The situation is this; I read up a model and try some things with it; I decide I don't want the things I've done, so I close the model and try to read it up fresh. I get a message that tells me the model I am trying to read is in session (even though I closed it) and it wants to just re-open the 'in-work' model I abandoned from session instead of reading in the model fresh from the file. I've had to close Catia completely to clear the "Session". This is very annoying if you have other catparts and products up within the active catia session. Is there a way to clear the catia session for models that have been closed?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

After you close the model(s), use the CLEAR HISTORY command to purge the cached copy.

I've never found an icon for the CLEAR HISTORY command, so I use the VIEW + COMMAND LIST and scroll down till I find it and then double-click on it to run it. I guess if you do this often, you could add it to one of your toolbars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back