Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clipping view 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillBailey

Automotive
Dec 12, 2012
US
In NX7.5, I have used the manual view boundary (right click the border -> view boundary -> maunal rectangle) to trim my view. Since I cut off part of my view, where are my break lines? My part now just goes so far and then stops. Do you have to manually add in break lines? I feel like I am missing a setting somewhere. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go to Breakline/Detail option instead manual rectangle. Before do this you need to draw the breakline as needed in expand mode(right click the border -> Expand member view). Then come out from expand mode and select the manually drawn break line as boundary in view boundary option.

Bambila
Mechanical Engineer

Hi,
Do you wish to see the break lines? Will using right click the border -> view boundary >Breakline/detail option work for you?
Could you please furnish a snapshot?
Regards
Kapil Sharma

View borders are never visible when plotted, so if you desire to see the border, you need to draw something that will plot.
I have in some cases used centerlines instead of curves just to show the "clip".

Maybe there is room for an enhancement request on this, one could for example have a function similar to "borders" in excel, "tick this side of the view to be drawn/visible in font xx , width yy , etc."

Regards,
Tomas

For those who may be interested, when you change your boundary size like I did above. You are not actually clipping the view, so it will not create break lines. If you use this method you will have to manually add lines on a sketch in order to create your own break lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back