Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CM career transtion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanical
Sep 4, 2005
US
I am new to this outstanding site and have a question for all the experienced members. I have 12 years in engineering experience working in design, project and applications of capital equipment products.

My previous assignment was working as an international filed management for the power generation division; I had to come back to the Midwest and landed a good job with multi-billion dollars global company.

My job is in configuration management engineering. We are not a defense contractors/manufacture, our products are retail recognized products (70% electrical/software, 30% mechanical). The company benefit and compensation are excellent and pretty much stable company. I enjoy the work environment and the people as well

I am concern about my career path right now as if the configuration management is strong career path in the industry. I have experience in ECO/NPI/ERP processes; however, in the past was part of my design engineering role and responsibilities.

This new opportunity I am the facilitator, CCB chairman and the coordinator for marketing, factories and Development people for new release and change request. I was wondering if there is national certification for the CM career path for some one like me who is not in software engineering field.

I have a BS in ME and MS in IE.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back