Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CNC VERY IMPORTANT....

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreskralj

Industrial
May 22, 2007
AR
I am working with the CAST for NX 4, I Have 3 CNC machines, 2 are FAGOR and 1 is FANUC, Does NX 4 allow programing in order for meto model what ever I want then plug the pc to the CNC, press go and make it work? or do I need ANOTHER program to work as a intermediary between these two?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is slightly more complicated. You will need a postprocessor for each machine sometimes it is possible to combine. Depending upon the machine interface you will need a dnc programm or an ftp server or a flash card. Dnc programs are most of the time used with rs232 cable connections. Ftp server software is most of the time used with data servers and network cards. Some controller manufacturers have their own communication software either ip based or serial. Some cam programs have also dnc communication facilities but nx does not as far as I am aware.

jelmerra

I agree with all that Jelmerra said. UG comes with post builders, and they offer training to help you write your own or supply them to you for a fee.

Even using the DOS based .mdfa editor it's not hard to get a decent post with a few hours to play with it. I'd give a call to GTAC and they should be able to help. That's what the maintenance fee is for :)

Ron Dawson
Manufacturing Engineer
Ducommun AeroStructures-Parsons

Check the GTAC FTP server too, they have/had some other post processors available.

-Dave
Everything should be designed as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back