Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO2 gas solubility data regression 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am currently trying to use Aspen to generate a suitable model of a CO2-water equilibrium.

I have data for CO2 pressure at a variety of temperatures and the corresponding CO2 concentrations in water. I have only just started using Aspen. So far I have tried using the data regression section with CO2 and water as components and then supplying my data as TPxy VLE data with the vapour fraction of CO2 as 1.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hmm ...
CO2g <--> CO2aq <--> HCO3aq <--> H2CO3aq

Also, if water is not pure, there is solution equilibrium, and perhaps even precipitation with Na, Ca, Mg, etc.

I wished I knew more about Aspen capabilities in this regard. If you get no help here, perhaps repost in the Chemical Engineering forum at this site? There appears to be many more Aspen users there.

Good luck.

Dear Friend

could you send me your experimental information regarding the gas solubility and T;P .

those should be usefull for me as well.

I am waiting for your kindly reply

Regards kourosh khadjeh (PhD student)
Dep. of Chemical Engineering Design
Chalmers University of Technology
Gothenburg - Sweden

I am interested in acid gas solubility in brine also - 75% H2S, 25% CO2. I am interested in how this can be modelled in Aspen or other simulators...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back