Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO2 Injection Modelling Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit999d

Petroleum
Aug 12, 2008
GB
Iam looking for a software similar to Prosper/Wellflo capable of modelling CO2 injection(single component injection).Problems related with the conventional software are the PVT and the inability to display the JT effect in the wellbore + response due to dynamic phase change (from liquid to gas).

Support for information in terms of appropriate or existing (if any) is much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use WinSim for my AGI simulations. The problem is knowing the downhole resivoir pressure during injection, ie porosity flow into the formation.

The simulator will model the temperature gains/loses and PVT plus friction loses. It'll give youviscosity and density so you can use another model to do the flow in the formation.

dcasto,

Thanks for the response, however the website for winsim displays the software to be specialized for process designs. Is there any well module associated with it or unless Iam observing the wrong website. Could you possible send me the link for winsim website as well .Much appreciated.

they have pipeline models as a "process equipment" with heat transfer, two phase flow, verticle lines, all but flow into the formation. They have all the EOS's for CO2 systems. You can even model the compressors, pumps and cooling equipment on the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back