Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO2 SATURATION TABLE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkm0038

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2009
US
Does anyone know where I can find a saturation table for co2 for temperatures above 304.128 K. Everyone I find ends at this temperature. I know its CO2's critical temp but I am going to use it at a pressure less than its critical pressure.

Can anyone help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am well aware of NIST, if you check out their saturation properties for CO2 vapor you'll notice that it doesn't help with my question above

At that temperature and 1050 psig (around 7 MPa) saturation no longer means anything. From that point draw a vertical line (that is the liquid/dense phase boundary) and a horizontal line (the gas/dense phase boundary).

Dense phase CO2 is really odd stuff. The density approaches liquid and the compressibility approaches gas. Several patents have been issued to use this stuff for a dry-cleaning solvent because it has amazing surfactant properties, but you really don't want minimum wage dry-cleaning workers messing with those pressures.

What are you doing with CO2 that you don't know this?

David Simpson, PE
MuleShoe Engineering
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Remember, being ignorant isn't your fault; staying ignorant is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back