Coal boiler (ash types produced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

novembertango88

Civil/Environmental
Feb 11, 2020
GB
Hello all,
I'm trying to find a source of fly ash for use as a cement replacement in concrete. I have been contacting anyone I can find who is using a coal boiler.
One of these is a large plant which produces 15t of ash per day however, they have told me that they only have one source of ash and it sounds like bottom ash.
Is this how some boilers work or should I investigate further?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hmmm...

I'm not sure of just how many stoker-fired coal-fueled installations might still exist, and it is my understanding that only some of these produce fly ash in significant quantities...

You'd be looking for a larger-scale plant that uses pulverized coal as a fuel; these must perforce use cyclonic or electrical precips to capture fly ash. The power plant of this type I worked at [since demolished] was the source of fly ash used as an additive by two local major cement producers. There was even an experimental pozzolan plant just outside the main gates of the generating station site...

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

I've never thought of this before, but perhaps the ET powers that be can just transplant the entire thread there on the OP's behalf, with a re-direct message remaining in this forum...

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

I would contact the D.E.P. for the locations of coal fired boilers in the USA because those would be rare if some are still in existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back