Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Codeware Compress & Code Case 2286

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhs33

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2022
US
I am in need of utilizing Code Case 2286 (Determine Allowable Ext. Pressure) in Codeware Compress 2022. I talked with Codeware technical support and they indicated that checking the "Appendix 46" box is equivalent to utilizing Code Case 2286. I have only done a little bit of research but based off what I've seen in Code Case 2286 I have some concern with Appendix 46 being equal to Code Case 2286. Seems like Appendix 46 uses Div. 2 calculations whereas Code Case 2286 uses separate calculations. I plan on doing some more research on the both of these but wanted to see if anyone else came across using Codeware Compress & Appendix 46 in lieu of Code Case 2286.

I do know that PVElite supports Code Case 2286 but I only have Codeware Compress. How does PVElite handle 2286? Does it run the actual calculations from 2286 or does it refer to Appendix 46/Div. 2?

Thanks for your input.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Div 2 Part 4 is design by rule requirements, which are calculations. Code Case 2286-6 are the same formula's that are found in Div 2 Part 4. App. 46 just allows you to use Div 2 Part 4 or Part 5 instead of listing the code case on the data report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back