Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COGO for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Civil/Environmental
Jul 19, 2001
PH
I’m looking for an easy to use economical COGO program.

I am doing a little municipal sub division work and want to be able to calculate point coords for layout and design.

I would like to be able to input road centerline elevation and have the program use this to calculate all other sub-division elevations like gutter elevations, lot elevations, top of manholes etc. according to rules that I will set. (i.e. gutter elevation will be center line elevation less 100 mm, front lot will be gutter elevation plus 200 mm, building elevation will be highest of front lot elevations plus 400 mm, center lot will be lowest adjacent building elevation less 150 mm)

I would then like to be able to export this via a dxf file to AutoCAD.

I believe that the land development package for AutoCAD will do this for me but the costs are a little prohibitive. I only use AutoCAD LT and do not want to upgrade to the full version of AutoCAD plus the land development package.

I have downloaded a evaluation package of QuickCOGO for Windows, I have not completed my evaluation of this but cannot see where it will calculate elevations based on rules or formulas.

Any help wil be appreciated.

Rick Kitson MBA P.Eng

Construction Project Management
From conception to completion

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rick
You might want to look at carlson software. They market a product called carlson xml which is based on the autocad engine but it not autocad. Most auto cad commands are the same and it will do what you are wanting to do. The cost if I remember when I purchased mine was around 1700.00.

Plus you dont have any data sharing issues that may arise from this quick cogo .

Try Simplicity System's Sight Survey software. The CAD portion is mediocre at best, but the Cogo is powerful and allows you to import and export ASCII files. Plus, you can get it for under $500.

mherr78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back