Cohesive interaction zone parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_saranya

Civil/Environmental
Oct 23, 2020
IN
Hi all,

I am assigning Cohesive zone surface interaction parameters as mentioned below in interaction module between bolt and concrete surface.
Knn, Kss, Ktt, Normal only, Shear-1 only, Shear-2 only, damage evolution parameter.

As far as I searched in the literature, in each paper different formulation is adapted to define the parameter.

For example:
1) Diehl T. Modeling surface-bonded structures with ABAQUS cohesive elements: beam-type solutions. InABAQUS Users’ Conference 2005 May (pp. 1-27).
Keff= Tult/ displacement at cracking stage
2) Turon A, Davila CG, Camanho PP, Costa J. An engineering solution for mesh size effects in the simulation of delamination using cohesive zone models. Engineering fracture mechanics. 2007 Jul 1;74(10):1665-82.
K= alpha * E/t
3) Nguyen HT, Kim SE. Finite element modeling of push-out tests for large stud shear connectors. Journal of Constructional Steel Research. 2009 Oct 1;65(10-11):1909-20.
Knn= 0.1Ecm

And also how to choose the normal stress values for damage initiation criterian?

I am running time history history analysis. The analysis stops at the middle depending on the damage parameters chosen.
Can anyone guide me how to choose the parameters to avoid convergence issues?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Those articles might be discussing completely different applications of cohesive zone modeling. Are there no papers about your kind of problem (bolt in concrete) ?

It’s hard to say which article to use if they discuss the same kind of application but make sure to use consistent data. Maybe try with different inputs and see how they affect the results. Of course, it’s best when you can verify your results by comparing them to some refefence values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back