Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

cold calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHALLENGERSRT

Student
Jan 12, 2024
US
i keep doing research on trying to either find a entry level CAD job or to be able to freelance with my skills. I hear things like go to cable companies or real estate agents/general contractors. Like who has the best chance of needing to outsource their work.

i keep making and just calling back and forth and really tryna find some work

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please refrain from double posting.

I already answered part of your question in your other thread. Cold calling is essentially a crap shoot, requiring the convergence of a company's need at a specific time, your calling at that time, and your reaching someone who actually knows about the need and cares enough to do something about it. The probability of all three things converging is infinitesimally small, possibly even much smaller than cold calling for a regular job.

As I suggested, I think you're likely better off looking through sites like LinkedIn, since you can ostensibly contact people that have titles that might suggest some knowledge of staffing needs. Additionally, being on LinkedIn potentially exposes you to head hunters looking to fill staffing needs.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back