Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collect all the responses in SAP2000 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeptiranjan

Civil/Environmental
Jul 19, 2017
IN
I run a time history analysis of a eight storey building in Sap2000.

I want to collect all the responses of each joint with all the DOFs (i.e. U1,U2,U3,R1,R2,R3). Manually it can be done by selecting each joint separately with the DOFs and display it in the plot function. But I need a automated program to collect all these responses.

Are there any ways to solve this issue? Your help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Deepti Ranjan Majhi
Research scholar, PhD
IIT Roorkee

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Deepti, U can add more then one response quantity (U1, U2 and so on) in the same plot of an individual joint which can be exported to excel. From excel the individual responses can be easily extracted.

Research Scholar, IITGN

Ravi K

You can export the data to a spreadsheet using Display->Show tables and do some excel work then...

Jason McKee
proud R&D Manager of
Cross Section Analysis & Design
Software for the structural design of cross sections
Moment Curvature Analysis
Interaction Diagrams
Reinforcement Design etc.

Hello all,
I am doing nonlinear (static & dynamic) analysis for a rc frame with infill walls.
I get a bulk of time history data for a plastic hinges of a multistorey 2D frame after running the SAP2000 analysis . but to process that data I need to save the output of time history analysis at each hinge (nearly 80 hinges I have). Is there a way to save all hinge response data at once in excel format?
Also if anybody has an API code to process output data of non linear time history analysis,please share if possible.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back