commercial paint specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIVetron

Mechanical
Apr 30, 1999
CA
Hi,<br>
I need to add a commercial paint specification on an assembly drawing for an outdoor support column. The column is A-36 steel, and is for non-military applications.<br>
<br>
If anyone knows of a general purpose commercial quality paint specification, please respond.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
<br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you to JC and merbas for your replies. I was able to find the information I needed, and as usual, just in time!<br>
<br>
(guess that's why they call it "just in time engineering")<br>
<br>
most appreciated<br>
<br>
Paul Rivet<br>

For future reference.......and particularly for surface preparation specs........try the SSPC standards.......Steel Structures Painting Council.......it has been a while so I dont have the address, but AISC headquarters in Chicago? will have it.......or perhaps a paint sales staff person.....<br>
<br>
DOT specs typically have generic paint specs also......

Yes, it was an SSPC specification I used on the drawings. There are several good web sites that you can use to list various standards such as ansi.org, but one that I used, and it is just loaded with great information for sourcing components, as well as a very detailed tech library is a new web site called - I saw an advertisement for them in Machine Design magazine. It's definately worth looking into, especially the ease-of-use features when looking for specifications, etc.<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back