Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

comparison between hot mix and cold mix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm undergraduate in civil engineering field in Malaysia. now i have my final year thesis titled 'comparison quality between hot mix and cold mix' i have no idea to find out the source of information to do my literature review. can u give me any idea or suggestion for me..i waiting for your own opinion about my problem.thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The difference between hotmix and coldmix is generally in the asphalt type being used in the mix.
Hotmix asphalt concrete utilizes penetration-graded or viscosity asphalt (paving asphalt). Coldmix is using cutback asphalt (liquid asphalt). The difference is, I believe, in the type of solvent used in the asphalt. In paving asphalt, they used rapidly evaporating solvent, such as gasoline,etc. In liquid asphalt, particularly medium and slow curing or emulsified asphalt, they used slow evaporating solvent (diesel, water). Therefore, the coldmix can be applied without high temperature, and can be stockpiled and used for emergency paving in the winter, etc.
Perhaps you should check the website of the asphalt institute I am not 100% sure if the above address is correct. If you cannot go there, check via my website:
then select links related to asphalt/pavement construction

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back