Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compile UMAT in double precision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itap

Mechanical
Feb 1, 2013
IT
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my UMAT. The problem is that the variables in it are not declared and there is not the include to 'ABA_PARAM.INC' so there is no specification on the type (single or double precision) of the variables. Then, from the UMAT, there are other calls to subroutines whose variables are not declared as well, so single precision) and then, from this intermediate subroutines there is another call to a subroutine whose variables are declared in double precision (real*8).

The problem is that the passage of variables between the UMAT to the intermediate subroutine works, but from the intermediate to the last one doesn't work.

I also tried using 'abaqus double job=...user=...' but it doesn't work.

I don't know if there is any way to compile the subroutine with double precision, like the command "/r8" of the intel fortran composer.
The whole code has not been written by be and is quite complicated. In the description of the problem I tried to semplificate it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back